Benefits to workshops
The IRTE Workshop Accreditation scheme allows independent workshops to demonstrate their high operating standards, health and safety awareness, and regulatory compliance to operators and manufacturers, gaining a competitive advantage within the industry. An independent, best-practice audit can also help in the development of workshop standards, such as decreasing vehicle downtime and improving vehicle pass rates.
- Demonstrate your workshop’s quality standards via test pass rates, health and safety records and areas of expertise
- Pass on confidence in standards of work to customers
- Get a non-biased review of how your workshop compares to the industry standard
- Identify training needs for increased workshop efficiency
- Receive a competitive advantage through inclusion in the IRTE Workshop Accreditation Register
"In the transport industry compliance is king, although I had irtec technicians in place who was to say that the environment they worked in was not only safe but properly equipped. IRTE Workshop Accreditation, as its re-assessed every 3 years gives me that assurance. In tender situations undoubtedly having both irtec and Workshop Accreditation ticks a large number of boxes. "Eddie Cross, Head of Transport Engineering Services, London Borough of Redbridge